WUHS Career Center
In collaboration with WUHS guidance counselors, the Career Center provides students the necessary supportive resources regardless of academic standing, financial limitations, or learning disabilities.
The Career Guidance Technician is there to aid and eliminate student uncertainties with administrative processes related to the student’s post-high school goals and guide students during the process.
Students and their families can use the Career Center at any time during normal business hours or they can set up personal appointments with the Career Technician to better accommodate their needs.
We provide students services and informational resources on:
- Academic (Application assistance, scholarship research, and financial assistance information)
- Military Service Preparation (ASVAB readiness, technical guidance, and recruitment advice)
- Vocational Development (Nursing, culinary arts, agricultural, and mechanics)
- Employment Preparation (Resume writing skills, company overviews, recommended placement)
After-School Peer Tutoring Program - Senior students that exhibit high academic standards and records of excellence are selected to aid struggling students in need of assistance.
- The WUHS After-School Peer-Tutoring Program is offering ALL STUDENTS Tutoring at the Career Center.
- Serving ALL Grade Levels & Subjects, No Appt. Necessary, ALL WELCOME.
TO RECEIVE UPDATES AND ALERTS FROM THE CAREER CENTER!
**Students, please check your emails regularly**
HOURS: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
* OPEN during Lunch / After-School
* Closed during normal school holidays and vacations
If you would like to meet with Mrs. Wymer for your students Career Planning, Please schedule an appointment at 661-758-7400 Ext. 50831. I will be more than happy to assist and meet your students needs.